Friday, April 15, 2011

April 8: Zucchini Enchiladas

Last Friday, we decided to make some zucchini enchiladas, inspired by this recipe. We didn't have all the ingredients, and I used a canned enchilada sauce, but all in all -- I think it turned out okay.

I started by grating the zucchini. Photos taken by Paul -- let me tell you, that makes documenting the cooking process a lot easier!!

Trying not to grate my hand.
I tossed in about one small diced white onion and 1/2 teaspoon/a clove of minced garlic.

The metal thing in the photo is the "bash & chop." It may have been one of the best purchases we made. Seriously. It's instrumental in moving chopped stuff either into bowls or pans.
To that, I added the two grated zucchini (zucchinis? I don't know). We had some canned black beans leftover from a meal earlier in the week, so I tossed those in as well.


After taking off the heat, we added in about 1/2 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese. We used some larger tortilla wraps to make the enchiladas.


Midway through the process. Thank you, photographer Paul.

Paul is so proud that I am using some of our wedding gifts. I think this green casserole dish has been collecting dust since October.

I poured the canned enchilada sauce on top, and added some more grated cheese. 


We baked it in the oven at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment