Friday, July 15, 2011

Update: 2011 Summer Goals

Thought I'd give everyone an update on where we stand with our summer goals. 

1. Try not to kill our herbs. Specifically, the basil plant. 

Basil plant: alive (yes!!)
Cilantro plant: alive
Parsley plant: alive, but looks diseased. We'll put it out of it's misery. 
Rosemary plant (that we tried to resurrect): still dead
Tomato plants: kind of alive, but dying (Note: this is not totally my fault, as the workers fixing our building sprayed some sort of sealant, which killed all of the downstairs flowers AND grass. So I'm not totally to blame.)

2. Make flavored oils. But without giving ourselves botulism
Still working on this. Tried a quick ginger oil right around the time of the goal-setting, and it didn't knock my socks off. Maybe we can use some of the still-kicking basil plant for this. 

3. Stop shopping at the local chain grocery store.  
Um, pass.


4. ADDITION: Christine will learn how to grill meats. 
I have mastered preheating the grill for Paul. I ALMOST had to cook last night because Paul was on the phone (and I was out of control starving). I managed to get the grill ready, get everything outside, then found him out there cooking while still on the phone. In my apparent rush to mentally prepare for this foray into grilling, I burned the couscous. Oops. I'll get back to what I'm good at -- making sure stuff doesn't burn in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment