Friday, December 16, 2011

Update on Lentil Fritters

I tried to make lentil fritters again last week, and failed MISERABLY. I am totally confused. I've made the lentil fritters three times, using canned lentils twice and bagged lentils once. I purchased bagged lentils a second time for this recipe, and they were hard as rocks. I couldn't get them to do anything in the food processor (where they normally mush up into a paste to be combined with the remaining whole lentils to make the patties). 

I am baffled. I looked at both of the packages of bagged lentils (I had about a 1/2 cup leftover from the previous iteration), and they looked exactly the same. No mention of needing to soak anything (like you would dried beans) or that you'd have to do anything other than use them normally right out of the bag. 
The good guys.

Any thoughts? Paul took one look at the brick lentil patties, and opened the fridge to find something else. Back to canned lentils only, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment