Monday, January 16, 2012

Potato Pancakes


Paul and I had some amazing potato pancakes while we were in NYC, and were itching to replicate them at home. We found a great recipe combining both russet potatoes and a little sweet potatoes. They were really easy to make, and turned out tasty and crispy (even thought I accidentally put two whole eggs into the mixture, rather than separating the eggs and just adding the yolks to the potato mixture). To correct this, I did whip two more egg whites as listed in the directions, and they turned out well. I wasn't sure if I omitted this step, if it would make the pancakes less fluffy. I also was out of green onions, so I left those out. They tasted great with a little salt -- no need for sour cream or anything like that to flavor it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment