Monday, March 26, 2012

Salmon with Curried Fennel-Wine Sauce

Yummy!
I am so excited to share this recipe with everyone -- it was easy to make and a total hit! We used salmon filets instead of steaks, but kept everything else the same. You get a soft curry flavor with the sauce and a nice crunch from the fennel and scallions. I've never cooked fennel this way (browning), but I'm now a fan!

My only suggestion would be to cook the salmon a little longer than the recipe suggests. Four minutes in the broiler didn't cook the salmon as much as I liked, so I ended up nuking it in the microwave to cook it completely through (as did Paul, which meant it was really a little raw, and not just me). Other than that, I thought the recipe was absolutely perfect. We served it with a side of kale and leeks, sauteed with a little olive oil over the stove, which worked really well alongside the salmon. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment