Friday, May 11, 2012

Food in Florence

While Florence wasn't first on our trip, I think it was when we realized we hadn't been taking photos of all the delicious food we were eating! Hence, it comes first in the Italy posts. 

We had a great meal on our second night in Florence. Paul and I spent a lot of time on vacation wandering around, trying to find someplace to eat or grab a glass of wine. We had been strolling around Florence, and came across Cibreo. The restaurant was full, and they were only able to seat us if we shared a table with another group. We were hungry, and the food looked great -- so we went for it. 

We ended up both ordering first and second courses...and a dessert. The sides were "a surprise!" (i.e. picked by the kitchen staff to accompany our second course). Enjoy!


Paul's first: it was a thick, stew that tasted just like minestrone. Delish!

My first: polenta with olive oil and freshly grated Parmsean.
Paul's main: guanciale

Paul's side: a broccoli mousse

My main: a cuttlefish dish, with a sauce made from squid ink (I assumed so, because of the color)
My side: a beet salad! It's like they knew I was coming.
The remains of our dessert. I think it was panna cotta?

No comments:

Post a Comment