Thursday, May 17, 2012

Venice

Venice is well-known for it's seafood, and we certainly took advantage of that! I tried to eat seafood at every meal, if at all possible. 


The photos below are from a lunch at a small, casual restaurant and from a more fancy dinner place, Osteria Oliva Nera. Oliva Nera was recommended to us, but we figured we'd never find it -- as we forgot to look it up before we got to Venice and had no internet service. We were walking around for dinner, turned a corner -- and there it was. We were very fortunate to have stumbled upon it, as it was a great recommendation!

Paul's lunchtime pasta with squid ink. Delicious. 
My lunchtime pasta with mussels and shrimp
Dinner appetizer: fried zucchini flowers with a little cheese on the inside. Paul now loves zucchini flowers.

Homemade olives at Oliva Nera...I don't even like olives that much, and I ate all of them.
Paul's perfectly cooked whitefish.
My rabbit gnocchi. Out of control. 

Semifreddo for dessert, with assorted berries. Absolutely divine. 
There may or may not have been a few free shots of limoncello and orangecello. And we left with a small bottle of their homemade olive oil, which I am saving for some stressful time where I just need to transport myself back to Italy via food. 


Gelato!
Yes, Paul does look like he's giving a new report from Piazza San Stefano using his cone as a microphone. I'll let it slide since he's taking the photo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment