Monday, July 30, 2012

Chicken Marsala



I found an easy recipe on Epicurious for chicken marsala. We didn't have any mushrooms, which I typically like to include with chicken marsala, but this recipe worked out just fine without the mushrooms. 


I ended up cooking the recipe a little differently, as I missed the part of the recipe where it asks for "chicken breast halves, each halved horizontally." I just halved full-sized chicken breasts instead. As I started to move through the recipe, I realized that the cooking times for the chicken seemed awfully short (hello, food illness). 

In order to adjust for this, I ended up browning the chicken breast halves for about 6 to 7 minutes (for each batch), and then put them back all in the pan when the sauce was reducing. That helped greatly -- ensuring that the chicken was cooked through, and helping the sauce to infuse.

I also added a little more sage when browning the chicken, but I really love the flavors of sage.

No comments:

Post a Comment