Friday, August 24, 2012

Grilled Skirt Steak with Poblano-Corn Sauce and Salsa

Food & Wine magazine had several recipes in their most recent issue that included only three ingredients (minus things like salt, pepper and olive oil). We made Grilled Steak with Poblano-Corn Sauce and Salsa


It was very simple to make, and tasted very fresh. However, I would make a couple tweaks to the recipe for the next round. 


The recipe suggests grilling the corn and the pepper for just a few minutes -- but I would keep the pepper on much longer. We couldn't peel the pepper, so just ended up dicing it an including it with the skin still on. If you grill the pepper and then cover it with plastic wrap in a bowl, you can essentially rub the skin right off. When it isn't as cooked, it's really difficult to get off. 

I know it's supposed to be a three-ingredient recipe, but I think I would also add cilantro and also lime to the salsa. I don't think it would take too much away from the recipe, and would add some additional flavor without losing the freshness of the recipe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment