Monday, February 18, 2013

Double Chocolate Biscotti

I wouldn't say that I'm a particularly good cook, but I'm certainly better at cooking than I am at baking. I spotted this recipe for double chocolate biscotti -- and thought that I could give this baking thing another shot. 

The recipe was super easy to make. The recipe author has several other biscotti recipes on her website, which I am definitely going to try.








It is a little challenging to move the loaves if you form them somewhere else besides the baking sheet. I had to move quickly holding the loaf up in the air so it wouldn't fall apart as I moved it over to the baking sheet. The loaf is soft and pliable, so breaks easily -- even after the first round of baking. 

The orange zest is a nice bright touch. The biscotti turn out a bit crispy, but certainly not as crunchy as I expected. They aren't as soft as a brownie, but you don't need to dip them in coffee or another beverage to soften them up enough to eat. That didn't stop me from having a couple with some coffee ice cream...which I'd recommend. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment