Sunday, April 17, 2011

April 10: World's Best Salad

I realize it's a little presumptuous to call this "world's best salad," but is affectionately nicknamed that in our household. It has many of the components that I love in a salad: avocado, blue cheese and thinly sliced red onion. They are "strong" ingredients, but they mesh really well in a salad together.

For quantity, I use about 1/3 of a medium sized red onion and half an avocado for two servings.  I slice the red onion very thin using a mandoline slicer, and cut the avocado into small pieces.


I top the salad with the blue cheese crumbles, and add both olive oil and some balsamic vinegar as a dressing. The avocado and blue cheese add some creaminess against the tangy flavors of the balsamic and red onion. We paired it that evening with some grilled steak and baked potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment