Monday, June 6, 2011

We're back!!

Friends, I acknowledge I have been slacking a little with the posts. My goal was to make at least five dinners at home each week, with three to four of them being blog-worthy (or at least a part of them being blog-worthy). I confess, there have been a couple of thrown-together, reheated meals over the last couple weeks. The grocery store hadn't seen us in a while, and it was getting depressing.

However, I am re-invigorated and re-inspired by a) the amount of delicious produce I saw at the grocery store this weekend (YAY! It's summer!) and b) a slight loosening of our schedule. 
 
This photo is supposed to represent summer. Even thought it was taken in October.

Paul and I made a rather aggressive menu for this week, so get ready! (This also makes me accountable when I usually say mid-week, "Let's just get some falafel sandwiches for dinner." NO. Internet, you are my witness.)

Sunday: Grilled Beer-Butt Chicken with Baked Potatoes and Chioggia Beet Carpaccio
Monday: Grilled Lobster Tails with Mediterranean-style Bok Choy 
Tuesday: Vegetable Salad and Curried Chicken from our cooking class at Naveen's Cuisine
Wednesday:  Carrot Soup with Cilantro, alongside Brie and Spinach Grilled Cheese
Thursday: Kale Leaves with Quinoa, Feta and Tomato
Friday: Bacon. And. Pea. Risotto. (I did that for delicious emphasis.)

Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment