Thursday, April 5, 2012

Chicken Milanese with Sage-and-Lemon-Butter Sauce

There are vegetables off camera. I promise.
I came across this tasty-looking recipe in Food & Wine magazine. Looked easy enough to make and something different and delicious for during the week. I did make a couple modifications to the recipe. I bought chicken breasts instead of cutlets, so I spent about 10 minutes annoying the crap out of our neighbors by trying to flatten the chicken breasts with a rolling pin. 
Making friends everywhere I go.
I also used only panko bread crumbs, instead of a combo of regular breadcrumbs and panko. I think panko is crispier, and frankly -- it's better for you than prepackaged bread crumbs. I had to cook the chicken a little longer, since they were smaller pieces than the recipe intended, but I think they turned out pretty great. There was definitely enough sage-lemon-butter sauce to go around for all 8 pieces. You tasted some of the lemon zest added to the breading mixture, and it nicely echoed the sauce. 

I also think you can't go wrong with some roasted red potatoes and a fresh green salad alongside this meal. For the potatoes, I washed and sliced them, tossed them with olive oil, salt and pepper, and then roasted them in the oven for about 30 minutes (at 350 degrees).

No comments:

Post a Comment