Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Grilled Salmon with Soba Noodles and Edamame Salad

I've been trying to avoid cooking Italian over the last few days, as we leave for Italy later this week(!). I'm sure I would still eat my face off there even if I had Italian meals every day this week, but somehow I think it will be all the more satisfying if I just hold off a bit. :) 

I pulled this recipe out of one of my binders -- looked delicious (and not Italian)! The sauce was easy to make -- and we let it sit in the fridge for maybe 20 minutes (and not 3 hours) before starting to cook the salmon. 



I couldn't find shelled edamame, so I just bought the frozen ones and cooked and shelled them myself. The soba noodles we had only needed about 3 minutes to cook, so that was easy (I did the edamame separately since I figured one would be either under or over-cooked if I did them together). I couldn't find any water chestnuts at the store so we went without, but used the whole bag of edamame (instead of a cup) instead.

I swear, I ask for normal pieces of salmon but always get the biggest ones! Maybe the fish guy thinks I need some more omega 3s.
It was pretty simple to make, and pretty tasty. I used quite a bit of sriracha sauce, so it had a nice kick to it. The salmon, flavored only with salt and pepper and then grilled, really complemented the spicy noodle and vegetable combo. I'm always looking for something new and fun to do with fish (particularly salmon) and I think this will stay in my repertoire!

No comments:

Post a Comment