Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Pork Chops with Peppers and Capers

We got all motivated to try some new recipes last week, including this tasty pork chop recipe. We purchased rib pork chops (I think I normally get the loin? I don't even know) to use, as directed by the recipe. Granted, I've never made this before, but I was impressed with how it turned out!

You do need to prep a little beforehand -- making the brine and soaking the pork chops overnight. We also forgot to pick up black olives, so omitted those.

Making the brine

Prepping all the veggies

Here is the pork, taken out of the brine and drying before dredging in flour.

Browning the pork chops

Mixed all together with the peppers, capers and green onions

Final product on the plate!
It was quite tasty -- definitely better than I expected -- and pretty easy as well! I am not a huge salt person (Paul prefers things saltier than I do), and I thought this was nicely balanced. I loved all the brightly colored peppers, and they went really well with the meat. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment