Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Grapefruit 1, Christine 0

I'm trying. I really am. I just don't think I like grapefruit. I've tried eating it with breakfast with a little sugar, broiling it with some cinnamon and topping it with Greek yogurt, among other things. I gave it one last try earlier this week with a rice noodle salad.


Looks tasty, right? It had all the makings of being something I would like -- noodles, peanuts, cilantro, tomato, green onions...and this guy clearly knows what he's doing when it comes to food. But it just didn't taste good to me. I think the grapefruit was sort of on it's last legs (read: it had been sitting in our fruit bowl for a few weeks since receiving it in our produce basket), so that may have contributed to the problem.

I felt extra bad because I sent Paul on a wild goose chase to find lemongrass the day before (it wasn't at the grocery store like it normally is). Oh well. Lesson learned: I should continue to avoid citrus-based dinners, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment