Friday, February 3, 2012

Greek-style meatballs

We had a lot of leftover ground meat from our meatloaf made a few days before. I came across this recipe in my daily recipe emails, and thought it sounded delicious. Instead of goat, I substituted the ground pork and beef leftover from the meatloaf. I also used canned artichokes, and eliminated the dill (we didn't have any in the house, and frankly -- I don't like it very much anyways). 



I browned the meatballs for a little longer than what is suggested, but I am totally nervous when I cook meat. I also didn't know if goat cooked differently than pork/beef, so I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't be undercooked.


It started to smell REALLY delicious. It's smelled very Mediterranean, even without the dill. Maybe it was the fennel -- but I could not WAIT for it to be done cooking!

Half eaten...so you know it was good.
The recipe does take an hour plus, so definitely not on a night where you're itching to eat right away. We made them on a lazy Sunday, where eating in a timely fashion wasn't very important. I think this could be great on top of quinoa, brown rice or even some plain pasta, however it was delicious just by itself as well. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment